Well I completed my first run after a rather too indulgent
Festive period at the Newcastle Parkrun at Exhibition Park on Saturday 4th
January. While I initially had concerns
about actually being able to complete the 5km (3.2mi) run, I was quite pleased
to complete the run, and with an average pace of well below 10min per mile
(9:38min/mile). This gave me a total
time for the run of 30:50 according to the Parkrun timing system, some way
short of my PB which stands at 29:25 (which I WILL beat this year).
So that was quite a decent start and one I was hoping to
build on over the coming weeks. However
on the Monday I was struck down by the dreaded MAN FLU! This has meant no running for me this week
and has put me under pressure already to get the miles in. Fingers crossed I will be back running by the
weekend and I am hoping to put in a 10k with my brother who is home at the
weekend and hopefully Mr. Robinson, if I can get both of them out of bed…
No comments:
Post a Comment