Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Recapping January by Phil Heron (04/02/14)

I thought I would give a little January update on the 500mile/800km challenge

Aye, January was tough. I simply haven’t run enough. I believe that if I were to take a measured approach to the year-long challenge, the stats would looks a bit like this
  • 50 week of running in a year, with 2 weeks off.
  •  10 miles a week of running.
  •  About 40 miles a month.
In January, I ran 18miles in total.

Not even half of what I should have. Granted, all the runs were a bit chilly (and required extensive layering (see pic)), I should have ran more.

I think I might set a bar of running more miles than pints drank in a month.

I’m going to try and pick up the miles covered in February, and at least hit more than 30 miles (despite the freezing temperatures).

Hopefully, this wont mean me running laps around a car park on February 28th trying to get those miles in.

I’m keen to do running challenges for charitable donations. For example, a fiver to Jonny’s Just Giving page if he smashes his PB at a Parkrun in Feb, or a fiver to Handsy’s page if he completes a run in a pair of the world’s shortest shorts , long socks, and a vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment